Designation of School Facilities and Special Recognitions
Perry Central School District 3190 1 of 1 Community Relations
SUBJECT: DESIGNATION OF SCHOOL FACILITIES AND SPECIAL RECOGNITIONS
The Board of Education will consider designation of school facilities and special recognitions if the following procedures are completed.
1) Initial request forms will be made available to the general public via the school website.
Detailed plans for the designation/recognition must accompany the initial request form (i.e.
Scope of work, design, installing contractor, preferred placement, budget and source of
2) In order for a request to be considered, it must be supported by a minimum of twenty-five
(25) endorsements. Endorsement forms will be made available to the general public via the
3) Initial requests, detailed plans and supporting endorsements will be collected annually during
the month of July.
4) The Board of Education will act on requests annually during the month of August.
5) The Superintendent will submit the initial request, detailed plans and supporting endorsements
to the Board of Education for permission to proceed. The Board of Education may deny the
request at this point.
6) If the Board of Education elects to consider a designation/recognition, it will appoint a special
committee to evaluate the request and its supporting documentation.
a. The committee will have eleven (11) members with the Superintendent acting as
b. The Board of Education will use the following as a guideline when appointing the review
I. Two (2) current Board of Education members.c. A vote will be taken by secret ballot whether the designation/recognition should be
II. Two (2) current teachers.
III. Two (2) current support staff employees.
IV. Two (2) retired teachers.
V. Two (2) alumni from various time periods.
VI. One (1) current administrator.
recommended to the Board of Education.
d. No member may vote for himself or herself or a family member.
e. Designation/recognition requests will advance to the Board of Education if nine (9)
of the eleven (11) committee members vote in favor of the proposal.
7) The Board of Education will review the committee’s recommendation. The
designation/recognition will occur only with the unanimous approval of the full Board of
8) All expenses associated with the request are the responsibility of the individual or group
making the request (i.e. Design, supplies and materials, installation and maintenance).
9) Designations/recognitions may be removed at any point in time by unanimous vote of the
Board of Education.
10) Designations/recognitions heretofore in the district do not have to submit to this process for