This is a list of the scholarships that were available to students during the 2019-2020 school year. Please note that all scholarships will be communicated to seniors via Google Classroom for the 2020-2021 school year.
Chegg Scholarships is a completely free scholarship search engine used by over 4 million students nationwide. With over 25K scholarships with personalized filters like GPA, Age available for students in high school, college, grad school & beyond, it’s one of the biggest out there. You can check it out here: https://www.chegg.com/
Interested in Accounting?
Interested in Health Care Administration? Visit https://discoverhealthadmin.org/health-administration-scholarships/
Interested in Internet Marketing? Visit: https://sharprocket.com/seo-internet-marketing-scholarship/
National Scholarship Search Websites:https://discoveraccounting.org/scholarships/
** Note Upcoming Deadlines **
*Some websites may not be secure proceed with caution*
The Dana Fry Scholarship Application is posted on the Seniors Google Classroom page.
The deadline is June 8, 2020.
Perry Veteran's Scholarship $250: Due June 1, 2020: The Perry Veteran's Memorial Association Inc. would like seniors who have or had a relative in the military service to submit an essay on the following topic: How can you give back to a veteran? Please list the relatives at the top of your essay and submit it on a single sheet by emailing it to Mrs. Ellis
*The Cindy Laraby Memorial Scholarship ($150.00) is given
by the Perry Fire Department Ladies Auxiliary in memory of Cindy Laraby.
The scholarship will be awarded to an outstanding senior who is planning a
career in accounting or business administration.
Criteria:The student must be a graduating senior. The student must have
attended Perry High School for four years, grades 9-12. The student must
have an overall high school average of 75%. The student must be planning to
pursue a career in accounting, business administration, or another business
related area. The student must submit an essay on why the student is pursuing a business/accounting degree by the stated deadline.
The deadline for this scholarship is May 22, 2020
Submit the essay to Mrs. Ellis via email.
*The Karen E. McLaughlin Memorial
Scholarship ($150.00) is given by the Perry Fire Department Ladies
Auxiliary in memory of Karen E. McLaughlin.
Criteria:The student must be a graduating senior and can be male or female.
The student must have attended Perry Central High School for four years, 9-
12. The student must have an overall high school average of 75 %. The
student must be involved in volunteer community service. The student must
submit an essay about his/her volunteer and community service involvement by the stated deadline.
The deadline for this scholarship is May 22, 2020
Essays should be submitted to Mrs. Ellis via email
Go to the Perry High School Home page under news to find the fillable scholarship.
Deadline is March 27,2020
*The Horatio Alger Association Career and Technical Scholarship Program provides financial assistance to students throughout the nation who have financial need and have exhibited integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity.
Scholarship criteria also include high school completion by spring of 2019, Pell-eligibility, commitment to pursue and complete a career or technical certificate/degree, and United States citizenship.
Visit application.horatioalger.org The deadline is April 15, 2020
* APWA seeks to encourage students to consider a career in Civil Engineering, Urban/Regional Planning or in the Public Works Profession/Trade by providing partial financial support for tuition fees to a student who has and/or will be enrolling into an accredited college.university/or trade school. APWA will award three (3) scholarship(s) annually in the amount of $1000 to the successful applicant(s). Visit http://newyork.apwa.net/PageDetails/21268 The due date is May 31, 2020
*WNY Safari Club International will be awarding a $1500 scholarship.
-Consideration will be given to high school seniors who demonstrate a high level of interest in the environment and outdoor activities. There is significant weight applied to those who are planning on a course of study that would translate to a career in some form of conservation and wildlife enforcement.
Application deadline is April 15, 2020.
Visit http://bit.ly/2DhKLiw for details.
*The American Legion Scholarship Trust- The Past National Commander Michael J. Kogutek American Legion Scholarship Trust will award two $1,500 scholarships to students/veterans attending college in 2019. All applications must be submitted to the Erie County American Legion Headquarters located at 609 City Hall, Buffalo, NY 14202, by Friday May 1, 2020 by noon, or postmarked by that date.
Applications are available in the counseling center.
* The PB&J $500-$1,000 Scholarship: For students who have experienced challenges in their life who have the drive to succeed. Apply at http://bit/ly/pbjscholars2020 Deadline is May 31, 2020
* $1,000 Wellness All-Star Scholarship- for high school seniors who make our community a healthy place to live. Seniors who are interested in this scholarship have the opportunity to nominate themselves to become the Wellness All-Star recipient. To do so, they must share their story about how they lead a healthy lifestyle, what they're doing to help and inspire others, and the results of their efforts. Examples include organizing healthy lifestyle workshops; expanding a community garden to produce fresh produce; and educating others about the importance of healthy options.
Seniors interested should apply online at https://www.independenthealth.com/IntheCommunity/Programs/CommunityAll-Stars/WellnessAll-Stars starting February 3, 2020. The deadline to submit a story is March 30, 2020.
* Lockheed Martin Vocational Scholarship in the amount of $6,600! Applicants must be: U.S. Citizens, High School seniors, graduates (or GED equivalent), or current undergraduate with less than a bachelor's degree, Planning to enroll full-time at an accredited: vocational-technical school, trade school, two-year community or state college, Pursuing a degree or vocational-technical certificate in one of the specified areas listed on the website.
Visit: lockheedmartin.com/vocational Deadline is March 12, 2020
*11th Annual National Girls & Women in Sports Day Essay Contest: The NGWSD Contest provides a creative Outlet for female authors grades k-12 to express how sports has impacted their lives and communities. Writers should select from the following themes:
1. I Believe For Me- Share your sport dreams and what you want to become.
2. Play With Purpose- We all participate for many reasons. Share why you engage in physical activity and play sports.
3. #Like A Girl- This can mean lots of different things, what does it mean to you?
Guideline of 300-500 words. The winner wil select a $50.00 gift card to Barnes & Noble or Dick's Sporting Goods.
Deadline is January 30, 2020. See Mrs. Ellis for more information.
* 2020 High School Architectural Scholarship Program: High school seniors currently enjouing their senipr uear of the 2019-2020 scsfrmiv year, residing within the seven-county area of Monroe, Wayne, Livingston, Ontario, Yates, Allegany, and Seneca counties, or Greater Rochester member-firm areas served by AIA Rochester are eligible for consideration. Applicants must have been accepted and submitted a deposit to an Architectural program for attendance in the Fall 2020 academic year. Emphasis for consideration is based upon the student's written response which should address the primary reasons driving the decision to enter the profession, what sparks a sense of passion and dedication to improve the built environment, and succinctly articulates the motivating factors behind pursuing architecture as a degres. Additional emphasis will be placed upon the applicant's contributions to the community via civic, academic, social and leadership activities as well as the strengths contained in the required letters of reference.
Completed and valid applications must be submitted to:
AIA Rochester, 5 Castle Park, Rochester, NY 14620
Deadline: March 31, 2020
*The Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 193 are again offering two scholarships to eligible high school graduates. The two scholarships of $750.00 each will be for the best completed essays, according to the instructions on the application, along with the appropriate paperwork. See Mrs. Ellis for the application.
Deadline is May 15, 2020
*FASNY- Fireman's Association of the State of New York will be awarding fifteen $1,500 scholarships to high school seniors entering college. The applicant must be actively participating as a volunteer firefighter or junior firefighter-including BSA Explorer Posts, Venturing Crews, and RAMS; or be participating with a volunteer EMS program.
Visit www.fasny.com/scholarship to apply
Applications are due by March 15, 2020
*The Foundation for Perry's Educational Future, Inc. - Scholarships for Two-Year College or Trade School
These scholarships are designed for graduates wishing to extend their education by attending a two-year college or trade school. Money for the scholarships is undesignated and may be used for tuition, textbooks, tools, gas for driving to and from college or anything that will assist the recipients in pursuing their degrees.
Preference will be given to students who have participated in a vocational program while attending the Perry Central School District.
Students must be pursuing a two (2)-year degree program.
Along with the application, students must submit the following to email@example.com
- Unofficial Perry Central School District transcript
- Letter of acceptance to a two (2)-year degree program
- Three (3) letters of recommendation. Please do not use the applicant’s name in the recommendations. Please use the following pronouns when referring to the candidate: he/she or him/her.
Two (2) $5,000 scholarships will be awarded at graduation.
Visit https://forms.gle/GQpPFhRfZT3f11248 for the application. The application deadline is March 1, 2020
* Order Sons and Daughters of Ital in America, Grand Lodge of New York:
Eligibility: Applicant must be of Italian descent and a resident of New York State. Undergraduate and graduate awards are presented to high school or college students who will begin full-time study for the fall academic term of the year their application is eligible to apply for completion. The scholarship awards are based on academic excellence and service. Students must have an average of 85% or above to apply.
Application fee: An application fee of $10.00, made payable to NYSOSIA Grand Lodge Foundation, Inc. must be included with each application.
-An official application must be completed and accompianied by the following documentation:
-Official high school or college transcript, including official results from all standardized tests.
-SAT/ACT scores should be included.
-Class rank and size of graduating class.
-Two letters of recommendation from teachers, counselors, professors, or educational administrators.
-Student essay summarizing educational and career goals, school and community service and a discussion of the significance of the student's Italian heritage.
Deadline: March 31, 2020 Questions can be directed to Marjorie Focarazzo at (585) 749-5346 or MAFocarazzo@gmail.com
MAterials need to be mailed to Marjorie Focarazzo, 84 Mulcahy Boulevard, Rochester, NY, 14624
***** See Mrs. Ellis for application and for more scholarship opportunities through this organization.
* 2020 ESL Federal Credit Union College Scholarship:
-Member in good standing at ESL Federal Credit Union
-High school senior in the Greater Rochester Area during 20019/2020 school year
-Plans to attend accredited college or university during 2020/2021 school year
Visit esl.org/scholarship for more information. Deadline is March 2, 2020
* The Board of Directors for the Western New York Safety Conference is pleased to offer two $1,500.00 Scholarships this year to local high school seniors who plan to attend college this fall. Qualified candidates are required to be high school seniors attending college in the fall of 2020, and be Western New York residents (Erie, Niagra, Chautauqua, Cattaragaus, Genesee, Allegany, Livingston, Monroe, Orleans, and Wyoming counties).
Applications are in the counseling center and completed application packages must be submitted by February 21, 2020.
* The 2020 QDMA Dudley Bailey Scholarship was established to demonstrate the high values that it places upon the efforts of our young adults to become involved in conservation efforts and the appreciation of our wildlife and its habitat. Preference will be given to students entereing a field of study in conservation (i.e., Wildlife Biology, Forestry, Conservation Police or related field).
The $1,000.00 QDMA Dudley Bailey Scholarship will be awarded to the winner at the GRST QDMA Branch Banquet held on March 14, 2020 at the Double Tree by Hilton in Rochester, New York. The scholarship winner MUST agree to attend the banquet to receive the award.
Applications are in the counseling center. The deadline is February 24, 2020.
*Ned Carter Memorial Scholarship-Scholarship from the Association of Fire Districts of the State of New York. Four $1,500 scholarships will go to New York State high school seniors who will be graduating in June. The student must be related to a firefighter, be a firefighter, or be an Explorer/Junior member in a fire department that is a member of The Association of Fire Districts of the State of New York, or, to those pursuing a career of service to the community (Fire Service-related major, Nursing, Social Work, Health-Related Services, Teaching, Librarian, etc.)
-Applications are available online at www.afdsny.org or in the Counseling Office.
-Application deadline is the Saturday, February 22, 2020.
* Derrick Law Firm provides a $1,000.00 car and truck accident injury scholarship to any high school student or university student in the united states. Visit: https://www.derricklawfirm.com/library/scholarship.cfm
* AES Engineers Scholarship: This scholarship is available to all students, regardless of their chosen field of study and is awarded on the basis of character, as determined by evaluating the essays that are submitted. The essay and application can be found at http://www.aesengineers.com/scholarships.htm
The award amount is $500.00 and the dealine for entry is October 5, 2020
*Noyes Auxiliary Scholarship- Noyes Health Auxiliary will be warding up to $5,000 in college scholarships to qualified students in the Noyes Health service area who are matriculating in an associate or bachelor's degree program at an accredited college or university in medicine, nursing, or any other health-related field, including dentistry, opthalmology, and pharmacy. See Mrs. Ellis for more information. The Deadline is February 15, 2020.
* Education.com is awarding a $5,000 college scholarship to a deserving high school senior interested in pursuing a career in teaching. The scholarship is called: The Classroom to Classroom Scholarship. Eligibility requirements include:
- Must be a United States citizen or permanent resident.
- Open to students from all states.
- Must have a minimun cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Accepted as a full-time student at a 2-year, 4-year, or technical vocational college or university in the United States for the 2020-2021 academic year. Proof of enrollment will be required.
- Intent to pursue an education or closely related degree.
- Proof of strong academic performance, leadership, and community service (see scholarship page for more details.)
Visit: https://www.education.com/scholarships/ The deadline to apply is June 30, 2020
*Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo College Scholarship Opportunities is available starting January 1, 2020.
- Must be a permanent resident of Western New York (Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie, Genesee, Niagara, Orleans and Wyoming counties)
- Must have a minimum “C” or a 2.0 (on a 4.0 system) G.P.A. average or greater
- Must be accepted to a nonprofit, United States Department of Education accredited school for full-time, undergraduate study
- Preference is given to Pell eligible students attending school in Western New York
Must apply online at www.cfgbscholarships.org Text "SCHOLARSHIP" to 855-213-4426 to sign up for Text Alerts
Deadline is May 1, 2020
* The 2019 Ponton Law Scholarship is available to any high school senior in the United States that desires to apply. More information can be found at https://www.jamesponton.com/practices/car-accidents/#scholarship The amount of the scholarship is $1000 and the deadline is July 31, 2020
*Character Excellence Scholarship 2020- Harvest Time Partners, in collaboration with the character Council of Western New York, is pleased to offer $1,000 cash scholarships to high school seniors who exemplify character in their daily lives and who will be attending a college or trade school post graduation.
Visit www.charactercouncilwny.org/scholarship Deadline is February 25, 2020
*DELTA KAPPA BETA GAMMA SCHOLARSHIP
Each year the Beta Gamma Chapter, an international honorary society for women educators, presents two $400 recruitment grants to two senior girls in the school districts we represent. The school districts Beta Gamma represent are: Letchworth, Perry, Pioneer, Warsaw and Wyoming. This year Perry and Pioneer will be receiving the recruitment grants.
Awarded to a female based upon the following:
- Genuine interest in teaching or a related field
- Financial need
- Scholastic ability
Stop into the Counseling Center for an Application.
Deadline: March 1, 2020
* Injury Doctor Scholarship: available to all high school seniors and current college students who are planning on entering the medical field.
-$1,000 (One-time award)
-Application Due Date: June 30, 2020
-Must be attending a 4-yr college/university or 2-yr community college for Spring 2020
-Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted
*The Hagan Scholarship
The Hagan Scholarship is a nationwide need-based merit scholarship, designed to provide each recipient with the opportunity to graduate college debt free.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must attend an Eligible Public High School.
- Must be a student in the 2020 high school graduating class.
- Must have achieved a high school GPA of 3.75 or higher.
- Must have scored 24 or higher on the ACT (Composite Score) or 1150 on the SAT.
- Must enroll at an eligible four-year college the first semester following high school graduation.
- Must work 240 hours in the twelve months prior to the start of college.
- Must complete the FAFSA in 2019 using 2017 tax return information; the EFC must not exceed $6,500.
- Must apply for eligible Federal and State grants.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony.
The intended recipient of a Hagan Scholarship is a high achieving self-motivated student in need of financial assistance in order to attend college.
If you meet the eligibility requirements, I encourage you to apply for a scholarship at www.hsfmo.org
Deadline is November 15, 2019
*The Prudential Spirit of Community Awards
Are you a middle level or high school student making a difference through volunteering? Apply today for national recognition, monetary awards and an all-expense-paid trip to Washington, D.C.!
The Prudential Spirit of Community Awards honors students in grades 5-12 for making meaningful contributions to their communities through volunteer service.
Applications are now open for 2020 awards. Here's how it works:
By November 15, 2019, students must submit their completed applications, and signed student/parent agreements, to a certifier. (Certifiers can be school principals or the head of a county 4-H organization, Girl Scout council, American Red Cross chapter, YMCA or affiliate of Points of Light's HandsOn Network.)
By November 15, 2019, certifiers select and certify top applicants for state-level judging.
In February of 2020, The Prudential Spirit of Community Awards announces state-level winners for 2020.
Application at spirit.prudential.com
*AES Engineering Scholarship:
Criteria: Our belief is that achieving a high grade point average should not be the only criteria for determining who deserves to be helped. For that reason we are offering a scholarship that will be awarded on the basis of character, as determined by an evaluation of the essays that are submitted.
Scholarships are intended for our future leaders across a wide spectrum of fields of study. This award is available to high school seniors and all students attending a post secondary educational facility.
* You are not required to be taking Engineering courses to be eligible.
How to Apply: Students must submit an essay of between 500 and 1000 words in answer to the following question:
When you look back on your life in 30 years, what would it take for you to consider your life successful? What relationships or accomplishments will be important on this journey?
Amount of award: $500.00
Deadline for entry: October 6, 2019
Submit Essay to firstname.lastname@example.org
*The Horatio Alger Association Scholarship Program If integrity, determination, and courage describe you - you have what it takes to be a Horatio Alger Scholar. Our scholarships reward students who possess the character to succeed in life. We help students overcome the financial barriers of pursuing higher education. To qualify, you must have at least a 2.0 GPA and require financial assistance to attend college.
To learn more and apply, visit scolars.horatioalger.org Deadline is Oct. 25, 2019
* Future Farmers of America Scholarship: Awarded to students with a strong Supervised Agriculture Experience (SAE) and who understand their project's impact on their future career in an agriculturally related field. Applicants must be active in their local FFA chapter and reside within the seven states Farm Credit East serves.
- Deadline: December 31, 2019
- Applications must be submitted no later than 5:00 pm on 12/31/19
- Online application can be found at https://farmcrediteast.com/FFAscholarship
- Paper applications are available in the counseling center.
* LendUp Opportunity Scholarship: A $2500.00 scholarship awarded to one student each quarter, in furtherance of LendUp's mission to provide everyone with a path to better financial health.
Eligibility: - Any legal US resident who is endolled full time in high school or at least part-time in college, graduate, professional or trade school is eligible to apply.
- Posess a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
LendUp offers scholarships four times a year, with submission deadlines on September 30, December 31, March 31, and June 30.
Apply online at https://www.lendup.com/scholarship