Winter swim registration is now available.
Swim lessons and water exercise. Swim lessons will be offered in April-May
Life Guard Class
PAYMENT REQUIRED on the date of PRE-TEST; Minimum of 4 students are needed to run the class. Maximum 10 students.
CLASS DATES: TBD
COST: $175; LOCATION: Perry High School
Candidates must be present for ALL dates.
Upon Certification, successful candidates will be eligible for hire at the district pool, the YMCA, Letchworth Park and any other facility that requires a PROFESSIONAL Life Guard certification.
DEADLINE TO NOTIFY THE POOL OFFICE: firstname.lastname@example.org
All candidates must notify the pool office in writing. The written notification must include:
The Pool Office mailbox is located in the Main Office
- Candidate's name, phone number, address, email address and age;
- Parent's name, phone number;
- 1 REFERENCE name and phone number, who is not a relative and who is over the age of 21 years old;
PRE-TEST DATE: TBD
- 300 yards (100 yds front crawl, 100 yds breaststroke, 100 yds breast or front crawl; goggles may be worn)
Sprint and retrieve swim:
- Swim above water to locate an item.
- Perform a headfirst surface dive to retrieve submerged item.
- Return with item without touching the bottom of the pool.
- Place item on deck, remove self from water.
- No goggles.
- TIMED: approximately 1:40.
Two Minute Water tread
Tread water for 2 minutes
Hands are under arm pits
Waterfront skill 1
- Swim the width of the pool in the shallow end to retrieve diving rings (3) completely underwater.
- Swimmer may surface after the last ring is retrieved.
- No goggles.
NEW Aquatics Catalog
See below PDF file for the NEW catalog.
Late Registration Policy: Effective February 27 2012:
All registrations for Swim Lessons and H2OX must be received by the registration deadline.
Late registrations will NOT be accepted.
To contact the pool office, please dial 585 237 0270 EXT. 1008.